All Aboard The Hogwarts Express!

Monday, July 6, 2015

2012 - 2014 - 2015
Really slacking in 2013...

Yes, I trotted out to Watford for the third time to pay a visit to all Potterhead's favourite tourist attraction, Leavesden Studios. In my defence, my first visit was when I studied abroad and the studios had just been opened to the public, my second visit was last December when it was decorated for Christmas, and this visit was just in time to see the brand spankin' new Hogwarts Express exhibit. So I've basically had three completely different visits! Yeah we'll go with that.

But in all seriousness, the studio tour never fails to bring out my inner child and not-so-inner Potterhead fanatic. It's impossible to see everything in one go, each prop and set is so incredibly detailed that I find something new to gawk at every time. The staff are all lovely and cheerful, happy to take photos for you and answer any questions.
















Aside from the thrill of being at the birthplace of the Harry Potter films alongside my best friends since we were wee little girls lining up at Barnes and Noble at midnight for our copies of the next book, I was most excited about the newly Hogwarts Express section! I had seen a photo or two online but tried to let myself be surprised. I was beyond impressed with the set up and the interactive portions of the room - there's even a separate gift shop hosting some trinkets exclusive from the massive gift shop in the main area.











You're invited to peek at student's trolleys, mosey through the train and breathe in the smoke from the engine...err...okay maybe not that last one. If you're visiting London and don't have time to visit Platform 9 & 3/4 at King's Cross - don't fret! They have one here for all your photo op needs.


You move throughout the warehouses - Studio J and Studio K (see what they did there?) with the outdoor backlot separating the two and providing concessions to enjoy al fresco if the weather is cooperating. On average I spend about 4 hours per visit, depending on how long of a break I take in the backlot. The kiosks sell hot dogs, sandwiches, and various other snacks - but most importantly...


Butterbeer, of course! At the moment there are only two places in the world where you can sip on a J.K. Rowling approved mug of Butterbeer, and this is one of them.


Cheers Leavesden! You never fail to be magical.


Have you ever visited Leavesden?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

Disqus for http://whattheelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

© What the Elle. Design by Fearne.